If you’ve been hanging with me for a while now you likely know I am a huge goal setter so New Year’s resolutions are totally my jam. I am also assuming if you are someone who makes a New Year’s resolution you already have one, so I am not going to write about that. Instead, I have a question for you. Did you review and reflect on 2017 before jumping into 2018? I’m challenging you to take a hot minute and think about just how much life you lived last year. Did you take advantage of all 52 weeks, 365 days, 8760 hours, 525600 minutes? Before you begin your self-betterment resolution for 2018, take a moment and reflect on just how amazing and full the life you’ve created currently is. Here are some questions to ponder that may help you recall 2017:
- What element of your life got most of your energy last year? Family, work, relationships, wellness, spirituality or something else? How do you feel about that? Is there an area you could or should have given more or less?
- What was something you really desired in 2017 that you now have. Reflect with gratitude.
- Recall an instance that had you laughing uncontrollably.
- Recall an instance that had you in tears. Be with it for a moment.
- Remember someone you lost in 2017 – it could be physically or maybe you just ended a relationship or friendship. What lessons did that person leave you with.
- Review a time you were you let down or disappointed in 2017. What about a time you let someone else down.
- Remember a time you stood up for yourself or really honoured who you are. Did you pat yourself on the back?
- What was the most beautiful thing you saw, heard and felt? Whoa – you can go SUPER deep on this one friends.
- If you had to sum up 2017 with one word what would it be? What is a word you would like to go into 2018 with?
And just in case you are still searching for a 2018 resolution, may I suggest asking yourself what three things would you like to create or experience that would make 2018 great. From there, create a solid (and realistic) action plan to make those things happen and viola – resolutions made!
As always, feel free to share your thoughts with me – I love our email conversations 🙂 Now let’s start 2018 off right and EAT!